The Reading Cloud app allows students, parents and staff to access the school library from a mobile phone or tablet, meaning the library and its resources are accessible anywhere, anytime and available to your whole school community. The Reading Cloud app is a fantastic way to encourage parental engagement with reading at home. Parents and students can access the app from one login at home whilst school staff can also access the administration portal from their own school library system app login.
Students using the Reading Cloud app can…
- Search library resources
- View the latest and most popular books
- Write and record video reviews
- Check in on the latest news from the library
- Check their library account
- View recommended reads using 'Who Next'
- Request books for the school to purchase
Parents using the Reading Cloud app...
- Monitor their child's library account and reading progress
- Help with book selections using 'Who Next'
- Check whether a book is available in the school library before purchasing
- Stay updated with library news
Staff using the Reading Cloud app can…
- Catalogue new resources
- Issue and return books on and offline
- Carry out stock checks
- Monitor reading trends with the dashboard
- Check what's hot in other schools with the community statistics feature
- Set homework such as writing and recording reviews and library research
- Embed the library into the teaching of ICT and literacy